Life can be really busy and hectic sometimes so it’s good to relax and unwind with a delicious meal and good company outside. Take a break from cooking at home and visit one of Melbourne’s best waterfront restaurants.
Enjoying a meal with a beautiful scenic view is an experience unlike anything else. There are hundreds of waterfront venues Melbourne and this list gives you some of the popular ones.
- Ludlow bar and dining room: this is a stunning space located on the banks of the famous Yarra River in Southbank. The theme is grotto inspired and has a large space for barbeques and a bar space and even cocktail lounge and dining rooms.
- Meat Market South Wharf: This is a combination of restaurant and bar with a function space. It is located in Melbourne’s new dining spot. South Wharf. They take inspiration from the Australian BBQ, where the grill takes centre stage and you can chat to the chefs whilst they prepare your delicious meals right in front of you. The delicious food combined with the picturesque views of the Yarra River make this a must visit destination.
- Waterfront port Melbourne: surrounded by stunning views of the Port Philip Bay and located in one of Melbourne’s most exclusive areas, this diner is the ideal choice if you plan to treat someone to a special meal. They are well known for their elegant interiors and first class service. All their dishes are prepared meticulously using the finest ingredients. You will surely be back for more.
- Cove hotel: this recently refurbished hotel is a popular dining and entertainment hub. Just next to the marina, it is the perfect spot to enjoy a meal whilst gazing into the stunning surroundings. The hotel also includes a sports bar, function rooms and wine bar.
- Transport Public Bar: this bar is located on the corner of Flinders street and St Kilda. It is extremely close to main public transport and is only a short walk from the Yarra River and MCG. It is easy to find as it is located in the city centre. The bar has a friendly and pleasant ambience and all are welcome to enjoy the variety of dishes.
- The Deck at the Waterside: this venue has been a popular meeting spot for Melburnians over many years. Located in the iconic area of the Flinders Street and near the Yarra River, this destination symbolises delicious meals, footy on the big screen, music and entertainment wafting through the rooftops.
Now that you are aware of some of the most popular waterfront restaurants in Melbourne, why not head out and enjoy a delicious meal in town whilst simultaneously enjoying the view. Or better yet, if you have a function or event to plan, why not make it special and book one of the above venues to host your party. The guests will leave amazed at the stunning locales and delicious food.